Southeast Minnesota Chapter of the American Guild of Organists

Trinity Lutheran Church's New Chapel Organ (Rochester, MN)

17 May 2017 4:13 PM | Matthew Lehman (Administrator)

In April 2017, a small pipe organ was installed in the chapel of Trinity Lutheran Church in Rochester.  It is a two-manual (2 keyboards and pedal) organ with 4 ranks (sets) of pipes.  It was originally built as Opus 1008 by the Arndt-Carlson Organ Company of Ankeny, Iowa and St. Paul Minnesota.  It was built in 1980 specifically for Dr. Dennis C. Johnson, to be used in his home.  After retirement and downsizing, Dr. Johnson and his wife “DJ” offered the organ to Trinity to be used in the chapel.  The organ produces a delightful sound, and is just the right size for the chapel. 


Southeast Minnesota Chapter of The American Guild of Organists is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. | ©2016. All rights reserved.
Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software